cutest blog custom background

Monday, March 01, 2010

Uncle Joe

Who's the uncle kids love, who lights up the room and makes a kid feel welcome, even special? He understands babies and talks to them, plays with them and makes them laugh. He's not afraid to be silly for the sake of making a kid happy. I had an uncle like that for a while. Now, Alyssa, Alora, Ethan and Bonnie Rose have one too.

This is my cousin Janna and hubby Joe Smith. Joe's acquired title is Uncle Joe because cousin Joe just sounds funny.

Besides, everyone needs an Uncle Joe.














Our Uncle Joe doesn't move all that slow, but makes a bee-line for the little ones. You can tell he really loves babies. They can tell, too.

Uncle Joe has other talents, like playing the guitar and singing (see July 1 post, Irish Picnic). I bet Bonnie Rose is really going to like that, she loves music. Although I'm pretty sure it won't make her like Uncle Joe any better than she already does.
She seems pretty happy just to be in his arms
.

7 comments:

Steve said...

He's Bonafied.

Steve said...

I don't think that these young people understand your reference to Uncle Joe moving slow. You have to remember that Petticoat Junction was on Television in black and white.
That was a long time ago.

Bonnie said...

Maybe not, then again, they still show those on Nickelodeon. We old folks remember it - and yes, it WAS a l-o-n-g time ago.

Janna said...

Oh, Bonnie! This post is great! Joe really does love kids~and they love him just as much!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure my dad appreciates this. :) He probably got tears in his eyes when he read it. Ha ;) Thanks!

Steve said...

Hannah, I really don't think your parents know how much we appreciate them. You are very blessed to have them as your parents.

Anonymous said...

:') God is very good.